I, ME, Egoic consciousness, self centeredness
A case of mis-identification, constriction.
The wheel of Samsara that we are doomed to repeat over and over again, eternally. Unless we repent, unless we wake up, unless we mature.
- Fear…. anxiety
- Anger…. hate, (fear)
- Craving… lust, desire
- Greed.… miserliness, dissatisfaction
- Ignorance… Delusion, illusion, unconsciousness, unawareness, sleep
- Apathy…. laziness, gluttony,
I desire…….. Pleasure, continuance, safety
I crave things that feel good, I lust after pleasure
So I want to feel good
– To be full, to be safe, to feel good, to be liked…….
I fear….. Death
I am always anxious of being hurt, of being exposed, of being disliked, diminished in any way, of dying, annihilation.
So I don’t want to hurt, to feel bad
– To be harmed, to be nothing, to be less, to be disliked. Ending, loss, diminishment.
Your masks are seen, your aliases are known…….
- Identification with name and form, body, material, surface, appearance. And unaware of the formless, spirit, consciousness, the roots.
- Isolation and separation.
- In illusion, delusion, ignorance – not aware of what is real and what is false… And not even aware that you are unaware.
Asleep, Unaware, Mechanical
- Unconscious, asleep, unaware, not alert, sleepwalking, a somnambulist, a zombie.
- A robot: enslaved by the creator, enslaved by conditioning and programming
- Not free, a slave to the past and to the imaginary future, repeating the same mistakes, repeating the sins of the father.
- Making others wrong and myself right
Chained by Time
- Not Here, not Now, not present. Missing what is happening, what is actual.
- Trapped in time, in a time-bound consciousness… always a tomorrow to wait for
and a yesterday to be haunted by.
Enslaved by Mind
- A mind, a thinker, calculating, doubting. The identification with mind, thinking, the voice in the head.
- Always utilitarian – gaining, achieving…. Yet never relaxing, playing, celebrating.
- Always thinking that there are things needing done before I can relax, before i can just Be.
- Doing, doing, doing….. Forgetting Being.
- Always seeking satisfaction and never finding any that lasts.
Our Forgotten Heart
- Not in touch with the heart – with feeling, intuition, trust, love, compassion.
- We have moved away from our center and are stuck in the attic of the house. We are lopsided – heavy heads dragging on the ground and our wrinkled heart lost.
- We distrust our heart – we only know logic, the mundane. We don’t know that we have wings…..
Unspoken False Convictions
- “I am, I am vulnerable, and I need to be safe”
- “My comfort and satisfaction is the only thing that matters, I matter and not you.”
- “I am separate from life, separate from the earth, separate from nature, different from my fellow human beings.”
- “I must protect myself, else they will hurt me. I must seize things, else others will get them first. I must conquer others, else they will conquer me.”
- “If I get what I want, then I will be satisfied